Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vocation or Destination?


Hi everybody! Today I'
m going to talk about my decision to be midwife. I have to say that this wasn't my first option, it was nursery , Obstetrics was my third one. When I knew that I couldn't study nursery, I was very sad. But then I thought "like the saying says... everything happens for a reason".

Last year when I began to study midwifery, I didn't like it. I thought many times to change career, but little and little I was enjoying this career.


I decided study Obstetrics because I realized that this is a wonderful profession. A Midwife works with the woman and her environment, with the pregnancy and Child care. Also, a Midwife educates to the society about sexuality and the different kinds of cares about it.

I think that midwifery is the right career for my because I have spirit of service, I like to treat with people and help them, specially with women, and in this profession that is important. Besides a midwife has a direct relationship with the newborn, and I love babies. As midwife I can bring new life to the world and this is very satisfactory for me.


I had a subject in last year, which was very relevant for me. It was "Integration with Professional Performance", and it I visited the hospital "Luis Tizne". In this hospital I saw and I could take him in my arms for the first time a newborn. Was a girl, her name was"Antonella" and I always remember this experience.

I love my career and it's very nice to be here. I met great people and I'm really happy studying Obstetrics. I just hope to be an excellent future profesional.
That's all.

Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Friend! I'm happy of that you are in this career!
    See you tomorrow in English :)
    I love you friend!
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vale!!
    I agree with you in that experience in the "Luis Tisné Hospital" was very pretty, I think I always remember that too :) My newborn was called Katy and she behaved very well during the physical examination :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm glad that you finaly enjoy this career. I think everybody should dedicate their life in something that enjoy but just a few have that privilege.

    See you in class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi pretty friend, every day I enjoy more and more your blog.
    I'm glad that you chose obstetrics and not nursery.
    See you later :)

    ReplyDelete