Monday, August 23, 2010

"One Hundred Years of Solitude"♥


Hi! It's been a long time!
This time, I will to write about my favourite book "One hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel García Marquez. It's a story about the Buendía Family and their generations. They live in a little town called Macondo. The story begins when the patriarch of the family, José Arcadio Buendía, and Úrsula, his wife, leave Riohacha to find a better life and a new home. So they founded Macondo. It's a story full of intrigue and inexplicable situations, but also love and entertainment. The book is narrated via different time frames, for this reason the reader should be arming the puzzle pieces.

I read this book when I was at school because I would have a test of it. I liked the book from the first page, I really do not know why, maybe because the language and expressions of the writer are too much magical. I think that this story transports you to magical world, and in the end you feel that story is real. In my opinion this book is wonderful because are united fiction and reality.

In my point of view, Gabriel García Marquez is one of the best writers in the world. He is my favourite writer too. I've read other book by this author too, for example, "Love in the Time of Cholera", "Chronicle of Death Foretold", "No One Writes to the Colonel", etc. All based on magic realism.

It's a beautiful book, I love it.
I really recommend it, you will enjoy!
This is all
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Friend!!! Hi again :)
    I never have read this book... but I meet it, because once I talked about Gabriel Garcia Marquez, besides is a book well-known... He always write fantastic story and strange... well, for this he is recognized!

    I like you post !!!
    I see you, hugs and visit my blog!

    ♫♪ Macondo, Macondo, Macondo yo me voy para Macondo ... ♫♪ jajaja

    ReplyDelete