Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In my point of view ...


Hello! Today I'll talk my point of view about gender problems in my career. Midwifery is a career in which mostly women study. For this reason, is strange when a man studies Midwifery. But, in my opinion I feel that Chilean Society don't react differently when a man says he studies Midwifery because this is not relevant. The gender is not important, is important the quality of the professional.

I think that a man midwife has a better chance of finding a job in the future because the amount of professional men is lower than women, and this is a benefit for the men. But, I feel that a woman midwife understands women better than a men midwife because the women are more sensitive, understandable and friendly, and this is a drawback for a man midwife.

I think that in Nursery there is gender issues because this career has few men students too. But I feel that's not a big problem for the people.

In my point of view there aren't prejudices about men working as midwives. I feel that the men are those who have prejudices about " man as midwife" because they believe that this career is very feminine. I feel that this thought is a problem of a global education.

Well, this is my opinion.
Bye, bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend, I found some corrections to improve your blog:
    In this sentence: "Midwifery is a career in which mostly women study" I think that is strange and I would put Midwifery is a career that mostly women study...

    I don't know that more correct you!! I think that it is very well :)}

    I see you to the side of me!!

    ReplyDelete